Knights of the Nine/Shivering Isles















So I recently got a hold of the game of the year edition of oblivion, which is a two disc set. Disc one being the game and disc two being the two expansions. On the last show I commented on how I tried to do the shivering isles but kept getting beat down when I tried to enter. My character was also too evil to do the knights of the nine quest, so I decided to create a new character to experience the quests and am pretty glad I did. I started off with Knights of the Nine and overall I enjoyed this one the most. The storyline was awesome, and I loved searching for all the crusader relics, it had a real indiana jones feel to it. After I completed that quest I moved on to the shivering isles which at first I hated, but slowly I was sucked into the quest and couldn't put it down. By the end of the quest line, when there was nothing left to do and I was at the entrance back to cyrodill, I felt like i was leaving wonderland. Like I didnt wanna go back to the boring "reality". I would recommend either DLC to anyone. If you had to pick one I would go with Knights of the nine. It was shorter, but better in my opinion.

Bud (MWG)

1 comment:

  1. Good call referring to the Shimmering Isles as wonderland. For as beautiful and well designed as the Cyrodill was it had a very dull "realistic" look to it which worked on many levels but once you go and explore the very vivid and alive world of the expansion it's a hard adjustment to go back. My particular favorite moment in that expansion was the quest that put you inside of an oil based painting. Very unique and fun.

    ReplyDelete