Dead Space 100%















So i just finished my complete play through on dead space. I had been debating on trading the game in for a while, but with three achivements left, I felt the need to go all the way. After all is said and done, I love this game, I have literally played through six times, and the game still was able to make me feel worried. The last 2 achievements I had were, the impossible playthrough, and the one gun playthrough. Now unfortunately I decided to do these at the same time.....bad idea. This REALLY kicked up the dificulty of the game, but at the same time it took out the "oh crap no ammo" part of the game. It seemed to me that 95% percent of the ammo found in the game is based on the guns you have in your inventory. Not sure if thats a solid fact but there was never a point that I was "low". Now, with the stress of ammo off of my mind, I thought that the game would be a breeze especially with the dlc 'elite' suit. Literally, the first room I walked into I was dead in 45 seconds. On the impossible setting more 'elite' enimes pop up, and the lurkers that would jump on you if you got too close, now seem to become the clingy babies they once were and will run at you for a nasty hug. After I finished the final boss and the achivement notification popped up, I really felt a sense of acomplishment, and I then realized dead space didnt have alot of stupid achivements. Stupid achivements seem to be in every game nowadays, (ex.Fable 2 dress like a goth for 5 points), so it was nice to have a game that actually rewarded you for a difficult task. Anyway if anyone hasn't checked out Dead Space yet, DO IT! and crank it up to the hard difficulty if you really want to get the blood pumping.

I finally picked up fable 2 and im about halfway through the main quest so I should have my thoughts on that for the next show.

Also I would like to publicly welcome travis to the team, and thank him for the awesome posts he's done.

Bud (MWG)

5 comments:

  1. Congrats man! Can't wait to talk more about it on the podcast.

    Matt (MWG)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, huge grats to you, I barely scratched the surface on achievements for this game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I played through only once (and with the wife's help as SHE is actually the die hard 'horror survival' fan) - and that was on the easy setting (yes, I am a wimp) - so uber congrats to you - You are "Da Man". BTW this is a truly awesome game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heya Bud. Thanks for having me on your guys team! Love being apart of it. Can't wait till your guys next show is up to hear about your Dead Space adventure. I also want to congratulate you on doing something that I could not and that is getting 100% in the game. While I played it on the PS3, I'm sure that the trophies and achievements coincide with one another. I actually did end up playing through the game twice just to get some more of the trophies and I never do that. I guess that just goes to show how fun the game was to play.

    I still haven't had a chance to get Fable 2 yet. Theirs just so many games that came out fall of last year I'm just now trying to catch up. Last week I just finished up Mirror's Edge and now I'm back to Fallout 3. Hopefully I can get time to finish up more games before they become a distant memory to everybody. :)

    Again, thanks for having me be a part of your team!

    Travis(MWG)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this game looks scary. I like it :D My sister is a gamer/horror junkie. She'd love a game like this. I should make her play it and write a review for my blog, lol.

    ReplyDelete