E3 getting its groove on again?



Here's a link for an interview from Gamasutra with the ESA about E3 that I thought was insightful. Growing up I always wanted to go to E3 and witness the gaming greatness of the show. When I heard that E3 was sizing down considerably, I was shocked because I knew then I would never be able to witness E3 the way it used to be. Now its great to hear that the E3, as we knew it, is back, but will it ever be the show it once was?

With all the recent layoffs happening, I can't really imagine companies spending a great deal of money or hassle attending the show this June. It couldn't of been cheap for game companies to make an appearance at the show, especially with all the advertising they had to do to compete with one another. It looks like things are looking up for the trade show according to the ESA, so will we get back the E3 we all know and love?

Travis (MWG)


3 comments:

  1. Definitely glad to hear that E3 is going back to the old format. I'd love to make the trip someday. I need to figure out if there are any gaming conventions in the midwest worth making the trip to. Gencon takes place in Indi, but that seems to be mainly about Tabletop/Pen&Paper. Anybody have any suggestions?

    Matt (MWG)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not too sure about shows in the Midwest but I would really like to go Comic-Con and PAX(Boston) next year. Their in the east coast and that's a he11 of a lot closer than Cali. It seems like more and more games are making their way to all these conventions. I guess their were tons of games to try out in NY at Comic-Con this year. Who knows, maybe they'll even make an appearance at Gencon(probably not, but we can hope right?), lol.

    Travis(MWG)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya going to comi-con would blow my mind.

    (MWG)

    ReplyDelete