To Madworld or not to Madworld…



Ok, it’s been a while since anything coming out on the Wii has sparked my interest. I still very much like the Wii and I don’t think I could ever sell it but the last thing I played on it was Super Mario Galaxy and that came out, what, a couple years ago? After seeing Nintendo’s E3 conference last year, I’m almost embarrassed to say I own a Wii. I didn’t really pay any attention to this game when it was announced. I thought it was going to be another developers’ take on bringing “hardcore” to the Wii, but it crazy to say that Madworld actually looks like it might be good. The reviews for it are now out and its getting good marks all across the board so its crazy to say, but I might actually try Madworld out.

I’m curious to see what everybody else’s take on Madworld are. I really want more games like this to come out for the Wii. Not so much of the over the top viloence but just more games for an older audience. I’m just curious now to what sites like IGN, Gamespot, and 1UP are raving about. They all gave the game a high ranking so I think it should warrant some attention. What about you guys though, is anyone else interested in Madworld?

Travis (MWG)

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely plan on picking this up this week. Some friends who went to comiccon this year got to play it and said it was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I picked this up today and have been playing it for a few hours. The camera, like almost every 3rd person game is awful. The black and white graphics add something to the concept but make it a somewhat difficult to distinguish between objects and enemies. The gameplay is repetative, and I mean REALLY repetative but you know what? I don't care how many times I have to slam a tire down around a person to tie him up then throw him into a dumpster that chops him in half because that sort of thing will never ever get old to me. Also, the "mini games" that I've played so far are really immature and juvenile but that's exactly what I enjoy about it. I'd recomend this game but maybe pick it up used. Doesn't seem like a game rich with layers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it looks definitely kick ass. I still have too much to play for my 360 but picking this thing can't be a bad decision! DO IT! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was afraid Madworld might be a bit repeditive, especially after watching the game session Giantbomb recently posted. I'll still give it try though. I really do feel bad that my Wii just sits and collects dust.

    Travis(MWG)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not going to lie, it's VERY repeditive. But for the most part the same few things you do over and over again are really fun. The game has two "commentators" that speak while you play and they crack me up. Especially when they say things like "it smells like a skunk fucking a bag of shit on a pile of trash."

    ReplyDelete