Official PSP2 News Coming Soon?



With new details of the PSP2 or PSP-4000 emerging, is their an guaranteed unveiling for the handheld for this years E3? I would like to think so at least. In my opinion it seems like the PSP is going downhill and Sony isn't really doing much to keep the system alive these days. Nintendo just launched their DSi not too long ago and its flying off the shelves in Japan whilst the PSP is slowly falling off the handheld bandwagon. I'm not trying to disown my PSP, in fact, it angers me that many games are not being developed for it but what does Sony exactly have in store for the current iteration of the PSP?

Just recently Sony announced games like Assassin's Creed and LBP for the PSP and theirs also talk about a new GTA and a new GOW but is it too late? I haven't touched my PSP since FFVII: Crisis Core came out and I always tell myself that I'm going to get back into some PSP gaming but I never do. I always seem to turn to my DS. Now that could be just because the fact that I am a RPG nut and the DS is literally littered with them but even when I played Crisis Core I fealt that the PSP was just too bulky to carry around. Now again, thats just my opinion but I really don't see anything bringing me back to the PSP.

Now the rumors are that the new PSP will be UMD-less and have some sort of a slidable screen. Nothing was mentioned about touch screen or an added analog stick but both additions would be greatly appreciated. I really can't imagine Sony not taking advantage of touch screen features and incorporating them into the PSP2. It seems like everything is going that way these days and the second analog stick would get rid of a lot of peoples complaints about the original PSP. Now everything mentioned so far is just rumors but the job posting from Sony for new hardware testers is pretty high for speculation.

I don't know, I would like to believe that the rumors are true. I'm ready for a new PSP. If Sony can solve the hardware faults of the original and put a better front up against the piracy issue, they can defiantly put up a fight against the DS and now the iPhone. I believe that Sony will unveil the new PSP at E3. I think its time and it would defiantly give Sony the talk of the show this year if nothing else. Anyways, what do you guys think? Is it time for a new PSP or should Sony keep pushing the original?

Travis (MWG)

4 comments:

  1. The PSP is still rockin...in Japan, lol. It's always one of the top 2 selling pieces of Hardware on a weekly basis..behind the DS, that is.

    I had the same problem this year with my PSP. Once Crisis Core hit and after I finished playing it, I kinda pushed it aside. I even bought Killzone: Liberation and a few other games and still had a hard time finding time to play it.

    I agree that all these newly announced games were a little too late, BUT they will help the cause. I believe the new redesign will launch sales of the PSP into the stratosphere, lol.

    Let's just hope Sony gets this right, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had a compelling reason to buy a PSP. And when it came out and I saw that among the first movies for it was Ashton Kutcher's "Guess Who's Coming To Dinner", well, that pretty much killed it for me. I've never seen a release for PSP that made me excited or think it was a contender. I would have bought a DS just to play GTA Chinatown but I can't think of a title I'd ever purchase a PSP for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I really didn't mean sales were really down more so than just that the popularity hasn't been the greatest lately. I wish it would do better but I just think its too late.

    I was listening to the ListenUP podcast at 1up yesterday and they were mentioning the possibility of just a redesign of the PSP, kind of like what Nintendo is doing with the DSi. I could really see it work to if Sony played their cards right. They have a really good conversation about it and also talk about LBP PSP which sounds really awesome.

    I don't know, I just hope the rumors are true and come E3 I guess we'll find out.

    Travis(MWG)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well u guys are having fun or not with ur psp. im KaiN i got my psp when it came out had it for 4 years then bot a psp 2000 and hacked it i can do everything with it i can play sega,nes,snes,n64and o ya NDS games all on my psp2000 and ps1 games and im working on it to play ps2 games but thats in the future. i got faster internet on it and i got opera mini if you dont know what opera mini is it cell phone internet on your psp. i can play cell phone games and use cell phone java apps on my psp there is much more you can do o the NDS or the NDSI Sucks its a paper weight bad graphics and lets face not worth buying well peace this is KaiN im OUT

    ReplyDelete