Beautiful things take time.......lots of it.







So I've been playing some Castle Crashers recently, and I came across a few boss and level development videos that Behemoth posted on Vimeo. It's really awesome to get a glimpse of the time and care that went into the project. The first video is a time lapse of Dan Paladin developing the Frost King boss, and the second is a time lapse of him working on the "Tall Grass Field" level.

Also, I've talked to a few people recently who are into Castle Crashers but haven't checked out Alien Hominid. I definitely suggest playing it out if you enjoyed Castle Crashers. It may be more challening and a little different as far as gameplay goes, but it's full of the same polish and charm. It's fairly cheap on XBL, and you can find it extremely cheap for PS2 and Gamecube.

Have a good week guys,

Matt (MWG)

2 comments:

  1. I always love watching games in the development cycle. I look up stuff all the time on the youtube. Its always awesome to see how much work really does go into making games. Its also great to see what the different stages of development are and how far the game comes along.

    I haven't played either Castle Crashers or Alien Hominid yet though but I always wanted to. Heard nothing but great things about them and its stupid I haven't picked both of them up yet. Think it might be something for this weekend... :)

    Travis(MWG)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Castle Crashers is the awesome. I've much enjoyed the demo.

    ReplyDelete