Midwest Gamer Podcast - In the Beginning...

So for about 6 months or so, me and bud have been kicking around the idea of starting MWG. The idea originated after one of the many prolonged videogame phone convo's we tend to have, talking about the games we're playing. What we liked, what we hated, aspects of story/gameplay/etc. So, I thought and later exclaimed, "Hey, these conversations are interesting and informative, lets record/blog about them!" Ok, so it wasn't that well played out, but you get the idea.

It's been hard for us to find time to work on it, but finals are just now wrapping up for me, and winter break will be a good time to get things going. Once we have everything set up and the details worked out, we plan on recording, at the very least, every other week. That is definitely subject to change, as I would like to record more. But we're total newbs at podcasting and aren't sure how scheduling will work out, so we will start small.

Shows will cover everything from what were playing currently, impressions, concerns, industry news to game strategy, tips, and hopefully some community feedback(answering emails, events, listener submissions).

The blog will primarily consist of show notes, show releases, and keeping you up to date with our recording schedule. But there will also be regular game-related posts in between and leading up to each podcast. So stay tuned for our first episode and visit the blog for updates!

Matt (MWG)

4 comments:

  1. This sounds grate! Me and my best friend do this too, it's mostly about xbox games but I know what you mean by informative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks for posting over at our blog. If you ever have questions about how we produce our show, just drop me a line. I have had people help me over the past few months with our show and I hope to do the same in return.

    Look forward to listening to your show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I've been looking to do a podcast with 3 friends for about 3 months. I've just started my blog, and the podcast should follow. Hopefully yours goes well; considering two of my friends are always arguing about some game or the other, I doubt we'll have the capacity to be organized in any real sense.

    Wintermute: www.dx-one.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete