Me and my new PS2






















As a result of the 360 having no good rpg's, and me being out of the Sony loop since the 90's, I've been wanting to purchase a sony console for awhile now. I wasn't exactly keen to the idea of forking over a few hundred for the PS3. So I've been looking around for a cheap PS2. I struck gold today and found a PS2, sony controller and memory card for only $55.00. All are in surprisingly great condition.

Aside from being traumatized from the awkwardness of a Craigslist meet-up/purchase, I'm excited about playing some PS2 games. I have a few titles I definitely want to check out but if anyone has any suggestions of "must-plays" for the PS2, let me know in the comments!



Matt (MWG)

7 comments:

  1. Here we go!

    Ico
    Shadow of the Colossus
    Final Fantasy 10
    Final Fantasy 12
    Resident Evil 4
    Xenosaga: Episode 1
    Onimusha trilogy
    Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3

    I have a crapload more games..I'll have to post some more later.

    Of course, ANY of the Persona games. Persona 3 and 4 have won a TON of awards.

    Tom the PS3 Guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tom! I'll definitely keep a look out for those games. I'm really excited about Shadow of the Colossus, and Ico looks amazing. If you had to recommend one RPG to start with, what would it be?

    Matt (MWG)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My personal favorite was champions of norrath: return to arms. Played alot like dark alliance only more.....awesome...anyway that was the best one i played, however my time spent with a ps2 was cut short, so i dint get to play alot of the games out there. But anywho theres my two cents.

    Bud(MWG)

    ReplyDelete
  4. dot.hack wasn't too shabby of a series. If you get some extra time, might want to try them if you can find them cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah. carl, I was actually in a game store asking for recommendations the other day. And one of the employees mentioned that series but said that it was pretty rare and hard to find. I'll definitely keep a look out for it, though.

    Matt (MWG)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you ever tried Mass Effect or the new Fallout? They are actually the best RPGs in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah, Hans. Mass Effect is one of my favorite games for sure. And i'm playing through Fallout 3 right now. I was kind of looking for some more traditional rpg's or jrpg's for the PS2 though.

    Matt (MWG)

    ReplyDelete