KOTOR 1 & 2


















Ok, so recently I picked up both KOTOR 1 & 2 from my brother. I've played both a little, but remember liking 2 more. This could be due to the fact that I have never completed 1 because I watched a couple folks play through taris so I always find that part of the game mind-numbingly boring. I beat 2 but, I was told by a friend that 1 is better, so if anyone knows if it is worth it to power through the first part of the game then let me know. Anyway though I'm still amazed at how an original xbox game can sometimes play worse on the 360 than the original. This hasn't stopped me from playing the game though because it is pretty darn amazing. It would be crazy awesome though if the load times didnt take an average of two and a half min, and it wouldnt lag so bad that i have to load to an earlier save because it literally freezes up.
Also read on Kotaku that someone has come up with a recipe for Nuka-Cola. If anyone tries this or has tried it let me know how it tastes.

Bud (MWG)

5 comments:

  1. That's so strange. I failed to play through either of the games for almost the same reasons. I played really far into KOTOR 1, but watched josh play the end, so never finished it and the fact that I can never play a sequel before finishing the game that preceded it, kept me away from the second one. I do have a lot of fond memories of the first one, so if you're just craving some Star Wars, I'd say give it a try. I could of course check my old xbox's to see if i have a save that's just past taris. That would be convenient.

    Matt (MWG)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had KOTOR for a few years now and am probably still on the first world or two. I just get so bored I can't make myself continue. But then I have trouble getting into single-player RPGs at all these days. I just completed Mass Effect yesterday -- that's the third RPG I've ever finished in my life. The rest I try and get bored.

    I did notice it tends to play worse on the 360 too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I don't know if it's the same for you Scott, but with massive single player rpg's like KOTOR and Mass Effect, if the story doesn't interest me straight away, it's really hard to continue playing. The combat is often very repetitive in these kind of games. In addition to falling in love with the story and world of Mass Effect, the complex weapon and character management is also what kept me playing it for so long.

    Matt (MWG)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot of original XBox games play worse on the 360 because the 360 doesn't have the original hardware needed to run those games. It's actually running an emulation program that causes glitches and freezings. I played the original Fable on my 360 and it was full of wierd texturing and shading glitches that weren't in the original due to that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of this one. I usually know everything, though.

    ReplyDelete