Nintendo DSi... Worth it?




So, is anyone planning on picking up an DSi? I wouldn't mind having one myself, but do I want to pay $170 for one? Right now, there isn't much out there that takes advantage of the hardware and I don't know if I would get much use out of the new features it brings to the table. I'm not too excited for the cameras that are built in and while the SD slot would be really helpful I still wouldn't find myself using it that much. I do like the functionality of downloading games from the store though and then I guess I could see the use of the SD slot other than to put music and whatever else on it. Now I'm not too sure on the ability to play Virtual Console games but if they let you play them on the DSi, that would be pretty neat. Who knows, maybe after the DSi is out for awhile, Nintendo will show something that really puts the DSi to use. Right now though, I'm happy with the DS Light.

Whats everybodys thoughts on the DSi??

Travis(MWG)

4 comments:

  1. I agree, Travis. Other than downloadable games, there are not alot of enticing features. Also, the DSi can't play gba games? wtf? I guess I understand that they're trying to phase out the gba, but thats reason alone for me to argue that the DS/DSlite is a better handheld.

    Matt (MWG)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't mind one but it's a little too pricey for a platform that doesn't really have a wealth of games that interest me. I agree with you man, the added features of the new model aren't really enough of a selling point to get me to buy. I may try to snag a now outdated DS lite on the cheap though so I can play Chrono Trigger again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read that Nintendo plans on releasing new content in the DSi store every Monday. I guess to match up with the Monday downloads for the Wii. That sounds pretty neat but that also means there could be a bunch of worthless stuff hitting the store too. I want actual full games that are worth downloading, not just some dumb tech demos. I guess we will have to wait and see what Nintendo has in store for us. But ya, Chrono Trigger is definitely on my radar...as well as all the FF remakes. :)

    Travis(MWG)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sold my DS not too far back and although this looks enticing, the price being over $150 is more than I'm willing to pay. If I do come into any money I honestly don't have any qualms with buying a nice cobalt DS-Phat

    ~sLs~

    ReplyDelete